Monday, February 16, 2009

My first technical problem

I went to post my "epitweet" this morning -- and the Twitter red number was a positive 1. But when I hit update I got an error message telling me that my tweet was too long --

Twitter did say that it went ahead and sent the tweet to my "good friends" -- who are they?

(Well, aside from the special people of Malta, who are they . . . ?)

So, just in case, I did the whole routine again.

Same result.

Then I figured out that I had some invisible characters: extra spaces at the end of the line. So I fixed that problem.

I also did a quick edit to further reduce the character count --

Third post was fine but now I have annoyed readers with a triple posting of the same essential line . . .

(This is no country for old novelists . . . )

Oh, well -- perhaps they wil humor me. At this point, I have a theoretical 221 followers on Twitter -- and 121 members of my Facebook Group.

The goof goes on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment